While Los Angeles is fantastic, sometimes you just need to get away. Consider taking one of these short day excursions from Los Angeles to some wonderful local locations if you just have one day to spare.
1. Solana Beach
Amtrak makes it simple to go there from Los Angeles, and since all the sights you'll want to see are close to the station, it's the ideal way to go on a day trip.
(2 hrs by car or 2 hrs by train)
1. Fletcher Cove Park2. Annie's Canyon Trail3. North Coast Repertory Theatre4. Salana Beach Farmers Market5. Aaron Chang Ocean Art Gallery
Places to Visit in Solana Beach
2. Santa Barbara
(1 hr 50 mins by car)
Considering doing something enjoyable and novel this weekend. Travel from Santa Barbara to Los Angeles by car.
1. Santa Barbara Zoo2. Cold Spring Tavern3. Old Mission Sanata4. Santa Barbara Harbour
Places to Visit in Santa Barbara
3. Los Alamos
(2 hrs 20 mins by car)
The Los Alamos National Laboratory is located in the small New Mexico town of Los Alamos, where physicists created the first nuclear weapon.
1. Bandelier National Monument2. Tsankawi trail3. Pajarito Mountain Ski Area4. Bradbury Science Museum
Places to Visit in Los Alamos
4. Balboa Island in Newport Beach
(50 mins by car)
Balboa Island is a unique man-made jewel, and getting there is easy whether you drive, walk, bike, or ride the Balboa Island Ferry.
1. St. John Vianney Chapel2. Kayaking3. Balboa Fun Zone4. Balboa Island Museum
Places to Visit in Balboa Island
Check More Stories
You can find the stories of all the top destinations of US.